|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - Aug 18 2016 : 7:58:24 PM
I am really simplifying my skincare/makeup/haircare. I am a product junkie. UGH!!! I love me some skincare...mostly facial masks...oh boy the get me every time!!
My goal is to look fresh and dewy and not covered up and unnatural.
So I have been sticking to my farm girl throwback basics of living and here is what is in my bag:
1. Sephora Body Butter..if you like Cool Citrus Basil from Bath and Body works (no longer sold) you will enjoy this body butter..it's rich but not oily and absorbs and a little goes a LONNNNNGGG way.
2. Clinic Moisture Surge for face.
3. Essie Ballet Slipper nail polish
4. Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herb and Rosewater
5. Philosophy Pure Grace roller ball perfume
6. MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER- gets off my waterproof mascara and eye makeup
7. Mascara/lipstick/lip balm/lip liner/blush/eyeliner/2 eyeshadows
8. Bare Minerals tinted hydrating gel- it add a nice glow and I use it as cover up
9. Noxezma...yep.still addicted to this stuff.
10. Body Scrub- don't know the brand..I buy what's on sale
11. Shampoo/conditioner/Hair Treatment/ Dove Soap in shower
12. Dr. Teals bath soap on tub
13. Method Hand Soap on counter
14. Essential Oils for oil diffuser. 4 bottles
15. Candle and sometimes flowers ;)
I have put my Q-tips, cotton pads, cotton balls in cute little blue ball jars on my counter and I have just 1 small bag for my stuff. It's awesome!! And I like my simplified routine. I can find everything and it's quick and easy.
|7 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
|Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
||Posted - Aug 19 2016 : 11:46:13 AM
At bedtime, I use Burt's Bee's facial cleansing cloths and then Olay nighttime cream moisturizer -- after I remove my mascara with home-made eye makeup remover pads (best I have ever tried -- thanks to a recipe from Tupperware)
Mornings I wash my face in the shower with an apricot cleanser from St. Ives (big and cheap!) followed by Olay CC cream. No foundation -- the CC has a little tint.
Then it's coconut oil for all-over moisture.
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
||Posted - Aug 19 2016 : 11:21:20 AM
For face, Cover Girl primer, some kind of BB, Body Shop powder, and Nyx blush.
For eyes, Nyx eyeliner and Maybelline Mascara.
Lips I use those long lasting lip stains because I chew on my lips compulsively so everything else gets eaten off :)
Usually I opt for mascara and chapstick, if anything. I put on the whole getup maybe once a month.
Sherone, I have a similar experience- I work for a software company and we're very laid back, whenever I do wear it all I inevitably get a few "do you have an interview today?"s
||Posted - Aug 19 2016 : 08:43:33 AM
Since I am an Avon lady, my beauty bag is filled with Avon products.
For skin care, I use Anew Ultimate Cleanser, Day and Night Cream, and Eye Cream.
For hand care, I use Moisture Therapy Daily Skin Defense with Oatmeal Hand Cream.
For Body care, I use Moisture Therapy Daily Skin Defense with Oatmeal Body Lotion.
For Eyes, I use Big & False Lash Mascara, Mega Effects Liquid Eyeliner, and Eyeshadow from the Makeup Design Pallette.
For Lips, I use Ultra Glazewear Lip Gloss.
I work at a gas plant, so I gotta admit that I don't wear makeup very often. The guys don't care if I wear it. When I do, though, they notice. :)
Farmgirl Sister #93
Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
||Posted - Aug 19 2016 : 07:23:51 AM
Snail cream. I love this stuff
I have several, all Missha and Mizon brand
Rice Water cleansing oil (yes I have delved into Korean skin care..just look at their skin)
Beekman boys Beekman 1802 vanilla absolute hand cream
Beekman boys goat milk soap in the shower
Suzanne Somers organic shampoo and conditioner and shine serum in orange vanilla (think Dreamsicle)
Suzanne organics face serum for the day and Josie Maran argan eye cream for the day
But in the PM. It is snail all the way!
"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
||Posted - Aug 19 2016 : 06:39:16 AM
As a gothy farmgirl I have....well, approximately enough makeup for a drag show. :-) Day to day is super simple, though.
1) Nature's Gate Herbal Shampoo/Conditioner
2) Liquid castile soap in the shower
3) apricot scrub a couple of times a week
4) homemade lotion when I'm feeling dry
5) regular old Suave deodorant
6) store brand version of a Neutrogena eye makeup remover/witch hazel for the rest
I have some stuff (hair things mostly) in mason jars and a basket on the bathroom counter, makeup in a Caboodle I found at Walmart.
Farmgirl Sister #7004 May 2016
^*^ We are the weirdos, mister. ^*^
||Posted - Aug 19 2016 : 06:37:36 AM
Put the baking soda in a wide mouth canning jar. :)
After YEARS of trying so many products, I would say I finally figure out what works for me. I am grateful for ULTA because you can buy and try and return in not happy.
||Posted - Aug 19 2016 : 05:21:02 AM
Heather your beauty bag is so much more sophisticated than mine.
1. Neutrogena Cleansing Oil
2. ACV or Witch Hazel for toners
3. Cover Girl Make-Up
4. Milani Blush - Lipstick
Revlon Nail Polish
5. Any Mascara on sale as long as it's brown-black
Any Eye brown pencil on sale as long as it's charcoal gray
6. Aussie Shampoo & Hair Spray - no conditioner
7. Olive Oil for dry spots - instead of hand cream
8. Dial Soap in the shower
9. ACV for deodorant - when dry a dusting of baking soda
10. On the counter: Make-up in pretty box from Dollar Store.
ACV & Olive Oil in vintage whiskey decanters on tray along with cotton bowls in a squatty mason jar and cleansing oil.
Everything else in cabinet over the counter.
Looking for a pretty container for baking soda so it can go on counter too.
I don't use air fresheners or burn scented candles (these days I am apt to forget they are lit) but I do 'sling that old vinegar rag'.
Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.