MichelleTN
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Michelle
TN
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 29 2006 :  3:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I jinxed myself, the other evening I went over to LisaBee's, who had a baby Possum in her house, oh, I couldn't bare the thought of running into it in the house, I kept a view of the room in case it ran out or something..well, today I saw a BIG black snake go into my garage and into the Cellar area under the house.

We can't find it..makes me shudder to think it might crawl through some hole or something and find a way to the upstairs. We don't ahve a mice problem so I don't think there is any holes to get up here but who knows. It is freaking me out.

We went to Wal-Mart and got a thing called Snake B Gon...Mike put it all under the house now we smell like one HUGE MOTH ball here in the house...and the smaell of Moth balls gags me.

My husband laughed at me today when I was having a fit about the snake, he says Here I thought you were a Farm Girl! Urghh.

The thought of that snake in my house is so creepy~~~~~~~

Wonder how I will sleep tonight?!!!

My Blog: http://tangledthreadsandknottedyarn.blogspot.com/

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 29 2006 :  4:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh chile' .. i was walking past the water-hose last night .. and a SECOND water-hose slithered by! that sucker was at least five feet long! it crawled to the edge of the house behind some flower pots .. like a dummy .. i got the HOSE out and squirted in that direction .. trying to get it AWAY from the house!

NOW .. in my imaginings .. it was long .. with more of a TRIANGULAR than ROUND head .. a long pointy tail and it was NOT plain black .. but more diamond shaped patterns in greyish-red. of course, i'm thinking DIAMOND BACK RATTLER .. OR COPPERHEAD!

Hank tried to convince me it was just a COW snake .. but i think those are BLACK ... cuz' i had a big five footer ON my front porch last year. Neighbor came down .. picked it up .. wrapped it around his neck and drove back up the hill with it!

Another neighbor just told me the non-poisonous snakes are a GOOD thing .. cuz' they tend to keep the poisonous ones aways.

WELL .. anyhoo .. i squirted the hose on him as he crawled all the way around to the back of the house (i had a frog gigger in the other hand .. crap-o-ola .. if that sucker had turned on me .. i woulda' been in the next county within seconds!) it finally slithered between the wood floor (yep .. the INSIDE one) .. and the stone base the porch sits on! his 'nest' i'm sure!!!!!! i saw a black snake go to that very place last year. i troooooooooly hope there are no holes in that porch floor for him to come up into the house.

gonna' go GOOGLE .. cow, diamond-back and copperheads RIGHT NOW .. then .. putting a FOR SALE sign in the front yard!

NOT!!!!! i'll go get me some of them thar mothball thingies tomorrow!

isn't it funny how incredibly scared most humans are of snakes? it's a 'voo-doo' thing! xo

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MichelleTN
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Michelle
TN
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 29 2006 :  6:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is what I am so afraid of that it will have babies under there...Ughh.

My Blog: http://tangledthreadsandknottedyarn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  06:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wellll ... i researched snakes .. and i think it is indeed a COW SNAKE .. all the farmers around here say to leave them alone .. they kill rats and supposedly kep poisonous snakes away .. and YET .. i don't feel like sitting down to TEA with them on my back porch!

xo

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic BIG Black Snake!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Connection © 2014 MaryJanesFarm Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000